- Licensing register View applications and licences issued by the council.
- Taxi licences How to become a licensed driver, driver licences, vehicle licences, vehicle operators, complaints, conditions, policies and fees .
- Entertainment and alcohol licences Premises and club premises, personal licences, temporary events notices, hypnotism licence, sex shop and cinema licences.
- Gambling licences Gambling premises, permits and responsible authorities.
- Community and street licences A-Boards and display of goods, busking, car boot, house to house and street collections, cafes on the highway, town centre activities and street traders, distrubution of free printed matter.
- Waste licences Skip licences, scrap metal dealers and motor salvage.
- Animal licences Home boarding establishments, catteries and kennels, pet shops, dog breeding and riding establishments.
- Food licences Health, safety and food regulations.
- Highways licences Scaffolding and hoarding licences, highways projection licence and licences to excavate the road or pavement.
- Other licences Cooling tower notification, caravan site, acupuncture, tattooing, electrolysis, piercing and semi-permanent skin colouring, housing/landlord licensing, Houses in multiple occupation (HMO)
- Adult social care and health
- Births, deaths, marriages and nationality
- Business and economy
- Children and families
- Communities and volunteering
- Council and democracy
- Council tax and benefits
- Crime and safety
- Jobs and training
- Leisure and culture
- Partners and professionals
- Planning and development
- Schools and education
- Transport, roads and parking
- Your property, bins and recycling
- Make a payment
- Report a problem
- Contact the council
The Licensing service is unable to take appointments for new driver applications until 1 November 2018.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Apply for a Hackney Carriage or private hire driver's licence
- Renew a Hackney Carriage or private hire driver's licence
- Apply for a Hackney Carriage vehicle licence
- Renew a Hackney Carriage vehicle licence
- Apply for a private hire vehicle licence
- Renew a private hire vehicle licence
Entertainment and alcohol licences
Premises and club premises
- Apply for a premises licence
- Apply for a club premises certificate
- Request a review of a premises licence
- Apply for a personal licence
- Apply for a sexual entertainment venue licence
- Apply for a licence to perform hypnotism
Temporary Events Notices (TENs)
Gambling policy revision consultation
Kirklees Council is currently consulting on a draft revised statement of gambling policy. Consultation opened on the 17th September 2018, and will close on the 26th October 2018. The following documents provide further information on the consultation, and you can respond using the involve site
- Application form
- Counter signatories and annual fee form
- Notification of change of responsible person
- Returns form
Community and street licences
A-boards and display of goods
Busking and car boot
House to house and street collections
Cafes on the highway
Town centre activities and street traders
- Animal welfare regulations 2018 (England)
- Apply for a home boarding establishment licence
- Apply for a cattery or kennel licence
- Apply for a pet shop licence
- Apply for a dog breeding establishment licence
- Apply for a riding establishment licence
- Sheep and goats movement general licence
- Zoos, dangerous wild animals and performing animals