If you want to carry out a 'licensable activity' on unlicensed premises your will need to apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN). The process of applying is formally known as 'serving' a Temporary Events Notice.
Licensable activities include:
- selling alcohol
- serving alcohol to members of a private club
- providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
- serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
You will also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence, for example holding a wedding reception at a community centre.
You can only apply for a TEN as an individual, not an organisation.
You must be at least 18 to apply for a TEN
How to apply
- Download the form and send 2 copies to us with your payment
- You must do this at least 10 working days before the event
- The date of submitting the TEN and the day of the event are not included in the total number of working days before the event.
- The cost for this licence is £21.00
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes
Paperclip You must also send a copy to West Yorkshire Police and Environmental HealthDownload form
After you've applied
- We will give you written acknowledgement of the receipt of the notice.