You will need to complete a driver renewal application and make an appointment with licensing.
- Valid UK Passport
- DVLA Driving Licence
- Utility Bill (gas, electric, or landline) or a Bank Statement dated within the last 3 months or the current years Council Tax/Water Rates Bill
DBS are due every 3 years, so please take note when your last one was processed as no reminder letters are now sent out. If you are unsure what documents you require please ring 01484 456868. A DBS must be obtained through Kirklees Licensing with the exception of accessing your details via the DBS update Service.
How to renew
- Complete the renewal form and call 01484 456868 to make an appointment at the Customer Service Centre.
- Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Your driving licence
- Your expired badge
- Pay the fee of £83.50 for a 1 year renewal (this does not include a DBS check)
- Pay the fee of £294.50 for a 3 year renewal (this includes a DBS check)
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) guidance
Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutesDownload form
Medical examination application for a Hackney Carriage/private hire drivers licence
- Download the form and book an appointment with your doctor to have the form completed
Paperclip Drivers must renew their medical every 5 years after the age of 40
Paperclip Drivers over the age of 65 must renew their medical every yearDownload form
- Kirklees Licensing Service
- Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org