At least one working day's notice is required from receiving your application to give our inspector time to visit the site and comment on your proposal.
Shorter notice periods can be accommodated if, for example, the scaffolding is required for an emergency.
Fees for this licence are payable for each street affected by scaffolding or hoarding:
- £98.00 for the first four weeks or part of the four weeks
- £43.00 for an extension before your current licence expires for up to four weeks
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesApply online
After you have applied
- You must complete a declaration and pay the fee before the licence is issued.
- In addition, we ask for a deposit of £165.00 returnable if you telephone us immediately when the scaffolding or hoarding is completely removed.
When a licence expires
- If you have not contacted us, we visit the site to check whether your scaffolding has been removed.
- If the scaffolding is still up, you will be contacted to arrange an extension.
- If the scaffolding has been removed, we retain your deposit and notify you that this has happened.
- Highways ROSS
- Address Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Phone 01484 225533
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org