You will need to apply to the licensing office with the completed driver licence renewal application.

How to apply

  • Complete the new vehicle form and attend the Licensing Office
  • Provide your insurance documents or cover note (original copy)
  • Provide your vehicle registration document (original copy)
  • Both the vehicle registration document and the insurance policy holder must be the same as the applicant of the licence
  • Pay the fee of £232.39
  • If your car has been declared as a total insurance loss (CAT S) you will require an Autolign certificate

Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutes

Download form


Contact Licensing

  • Kirklees Licensing Service
  • Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
  • Phone 01484 456868
  • Email