Policies and strategies
The Council Plan and top-tier partnership strategies encompass what we're going to deliver to achieve our vision for Kirklees. These overarching strategies include the:
This strategy will focus on place, businesses, people, skills and employment within Kirklees.
To improve the health and wellbeing of people of all ages who live, work or study in Kirklees.
Environmental Sustainability Strategy
This strategy will focus on a clean, green, and sustainable future for Kirklees.
The Inclusive Communities Framework (ICF) is a commitment to work better with communities.
Each strategy goes through many stages before becoming available, these include: drafting and gathering feedback, public consultation, development of the strategy and then publishing to the Council's website. Consultation gives members of the public the opportunity to provide feedback on the strategy, this can happen many times. Once approved, the strategy is then developed. Once the strategy is signed off it is then published.
These supporting strategies support the delivery of the shared outcomes as part of Our Council Plan 2021/2023.
View our Adult social care strategies, visions and plans, which include our vision for adult social care support in Kirklees and support for carers.
Other strategies include:
Adult Social Care - Older People and Physical Disabilities
- Kirklees Safeguarding Adults Board - Strategic Plan 2020-23
- Decision details: Corporate safeguarding policy
- Kirklees Joint Strategic Assessment (KJSA)
Adult Social Care - Learning Disabilities and Mental Health
- Direct Payments Policy
- Kirklees Mental Health and Wellbeing Needs Assessment
- Kirklees Health and Wellbeing Plan 2018 - 2023
- Kirklees Health and Wellbeing Plan on a page 2018 - 2023
- Kirklees Autism Partnership Board
- Decision details: Domestic Abuse Strategy 2022 to 2027
Child protection and family support
- Decision details: Youth Justice Plan
- Decision details: Staying Put Policy
- Decision details: Care Leavers Support and Financial Guidance Policy
- Corporate Parenting Strategy
Learning and early support
- Our Kirklees Futures
- Decision details: School admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools in 2024-25
- Decision details: Elective Home Education Policy
- Special Education Needs and Disability Transformation Plan
- Post 16 Transport Consultation
- Children and Young People's Partnership Plan
Resources, improvements and partnerships
- Director of public health report
- Inclusion and Diversity Strategy
- Kirklees Access to Services
- Pay Policy Statement 2022-2023
- Budget and accounts
- Decision details: People Strategy and workforce planning
- Procurement Strategy and contracts
- Walking and Cycling Strategic Framework
- Tackling Poverty Strategy and Action Plan
- Everybody Active Strategic Plan
- Kirklees Stronger Families Outcomes Plan
- Decision details: Fraud prevention, anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy
- Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
- Community right to challenge
- Integrated impact assessments
Climate change and the environment
- Kirklees Resources and Waste Strategy 2021-2023
- Licensing Policy (under the Licensing Act 2003)
- Three year Licensing Policy under the Gambling Act 2005
- Air Quality Annual Report
- Decision details: Food Safety Service Plan 2021
- Council Owned Tree and Woodland Management Policy
- Climate change emergency plan
View the urgent action we are taking as part of our Climate emergency plan.
Highways and streetscene
- Highways Asset Management
- Public rights of way improvement plan 2010-2020
- Playable Spaces
- Huddersfield Public Art Plan
- Events policy
- Sustainable Travel to School Strategy
Culture and visitor economy
View all the Culture policies and strategies.
Skills and regeneration
- Social Value Strategy
- Decision details: Employment and Skills Plan 2022-25
- Interim Affordable Housing Policy
- Economic strategy
View all the Housing strategies and policies including homelessness, tenancy and private sector.