Kirklees has sustainable economic growth and provides good employment for and with communities and businesses
We want a strong, resilient and productive economy, creating good jobs and decent incomes. The private sector will generate growth, but the public sector has a role in creating the right conditions for growth, attracting investment, and encouraging businesses to invest in their workforce and communities.
What we're aiming to achieve
- More and better quality jobs in Kirklees.
- Create the environment to enable major regeneration activity to support economic resilience and greater inward investment into the district.
- People have access to an appealing cultural offer and vibrant town centres.
We are committed to continuing to invest in making our towns and places attractive and enjoyable places to live and work. This includes major investments in both Huddersfield and Dewsbury town centres and housing developments at Dewsbury Riverside and other Council-owned sites, but also in smaller centres such as Batley, Cleckheaton and Holmfirth. As well as these projects attracting further private investment, we will work to maximise the involvement of local businesses in their delivery and the opportunities they create for local residents from deprived areas and those who lack experience or skills.
Measuring our impact
- Disposable income per household (£)
- Productivity per head (£) - Gross Value Added