Kirklees Council works smart and delivers efficiently and effectively
We want to be a transparent, well managed and high performing council. We will focus our resources on doing the right things and doing things right, to make a difference to the outcomes of the people and places of Kirklees.
What we're aiming to achieve
- Staff that are healthy, motivated and well led with the right skills and behaviours to work with people and partners.
- Strong political leadership, intelligence led decision making and strategies and policies.
- Getting the basics rights, with robust systems, processes and governance that make best use of available resources.
- Collaborative partnership working to inform and shape priorities and action across the public, private and voluntary sectors in Kirklees.
- Transforming our organisation so that it is fit for purpose now and in the future.
A diverse workforce brings a range of experiences and perspectives, which will strengthen our performance and impact as a council. A workforce upskilled to understand how inequalities can be addressed will develop services that better meet the needs of residents and visitors to the area. That is why we will continue to work to help the council to be an Inclusive Employer - using feedback and insight from Kirklees Council colleagues and others to develop our organisation to be a progressive authority and to attract, develop and retain employees. This will include providing appropriate inclusion/inequalities themed learning and development support for different groups and levels of employees.
Measuring our impact
- Short-term employee sickness
- % of spend with suppliers with a branch in or based within Kirklees