A Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) is a legal order, which allows us to regulate the speed, movement and parking of vehicles and regulate pedestrian movement, which are enforceable by law. The act governing Traffic Regulation Orders is the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
There are also other orders for pedestrian crossings and traffic calming schemes.
Introducing and enforcing a TRO
On average, a Traffic Regulation Order will take between 9 to 12 months from design to implementation.
The procedure includes statutory periods of advertising and consultation which have to be adhered to otherwise the legality of the order may be compromised.
The council's Civil Enforcement Officers enforce the Traffic Regulation Orders on the public highways.
Objecting to a TRO
Unless otherwise indicated, send objections to TROs to:
- Legal Governance and Monitoring
- Address Kirklees Council, 2nd Floor, High Street Buildings, Huddersfield, HD1 2ND
- Traffic Regulation Order (No. 11) Order 2020 ‐ Cross Church St, King St & Queen St, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation Order (No. 10) Order 2020 ‐ Cross Church St, King St, Queen St & Zetland St, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No. 2) Order 2020 - Old Leeds Road Car Park, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No. 1) Order 2020 - Bus Station (off Upperhead Road) Car Park, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No. 17) Order 2017, Crackenedge Lane, Whitehall Way, Bendigo Road/Selso Road, Oxford Road/Stockhill Street, Healds Road, Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No. 4) Order 2017, Leymoor Road, Golcar. Chapel Street, Moldgreen. Martin Bank Wood, Thorpe Lane. St Helen's Gate, Almondbury.
- Traffic Regulation (No. 02) Order 2020 - Brookroyd Lane, Brown Hill Road, Church Road, Intake Lane, Birstall
- Traffic Regulation (No. 16) Order 2019 - Wakefield Road, Cuckstool Road, Leak Hall Lane, Denby Dale
- Traffic Regulation (No. 15) Order 2019 - Doctor Lane, Mirfield
- Traffic Regulation (No. 14) Order 2019 - Lockwood Road, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No. 13) Order 2019 - Cross Lane, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No.12) Order 2019 - Cambridge Chase/Oxford Road, Gomersal
- Traffic Regulation (No.11) Order 2019 - Huddersfield Road, Mirfield
- Traffic Regulation (No.10) Order 2019 - White Lee Road/Leefield Road, Heckmondwike
- Traffic Regulation (No.1) Order 2019 - Old Leeds Road
- Traffic Regulation (No.2) Order 2019 - Halifax Road, Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No.2)(Revocation) Order 2019 - Ramsden Road, Holme Valley
- Traffic Regulation (No.3) Order 2019 - Portland Street, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No.4) Order 2019 - Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No.6) Order 2019 - Union Street, Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No.7) Order 2019 - Branch Road, Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No.8) Order 2019 - Wood Lane & North Gate, Upper Hopton, Mirfield
- Traffic Regulation (No.9) Order 2019 - A636 Wakefield Road/Pennine Way, Scissett
- Traffic Regulation (No.1) Order 2018 - Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No.3) Order 2018 - Dryclough Road, Crosland Moor and Victoria Road, Lockwood
- Traffic Regulation (No.4) Order 2018 - Flockton, Flockton Moor, Emley, Middlestown, Overton
- Traffic Regulation (No.5) Order 2018 - Birchencliffe
- Traffic Regulation (No.6) Order 2018 - Huddersfield, Scissett, Kirkburton
- Traffic Regulation (No.7) Order 2018 - Cemetery Road and New North Road, Huddersfield
- Traffic Regulation (No.8) Order 2018 - Meltham Mills
- Traffic Regulation (No.10) Order 2018 - Halifax Road, Dewsbury
- Traffic Regulation (No.11) Order 2018 - Huddersfield Road, Mirfield and Child Lane, Roberttown
- Traffic Regulation (No.12) Order 2018 - Thongsbridge
- Traffic Regulation (No.13) Order 2018 - Park Avenue, Greenhead and Mount Street, Lockwood
- Traffic Regulation (No.12) Order 2017 - Batley, Birstall, Birkenshaw
- Traffic Regulation (No.13) Order 2017 - Holmfirth, Honley, Meltham
- Traffic Regulation (No.15) Order 2017 - Batley
- Traffic Regulation (No.16) Order 2017 - Mirfield
- Traffic Regulation (No.19) Order 2016 - Hepworth
Where you can see a TRO
You can view them online:
The Traffic Penalty Tribunal is an independent body whose impartial, independent adjudicators consider appeals by motorists and vehicle owners.
TROs can also be inspected at the council's Legal Service and Highways Service by appointment. A copy can be requested but may be subject to a charge.
Every couple of year the council will consolidate a number of TROs into a single document. This is used purely as reference, the orders and plans within the document may not be objected to or challanged unless the specific TRO is mentioned under 'Proposed TROs'.
- D126-188 Boothroyd Lane, Dewsbury
- D126-186 Headland Road, Liversedge
- D126-185 Zebra Crossing Heaton Road, Paddock
- Off Street parking places (No.1) 2019 - Spenborough Fitness Complex car park
Electric charging points (No.2) 2019
If you wish to object to the proposed Order you may send grounds of your objection in writing not later than 3rd September 2019, quoting reference DEV/JE/D119-108.
- Speed humps/Traffic calming - Penine Way, Scissett
- Pedestrian Crossings and Traffic Calming Scheme (No.104) 2018 - Flockton
- Address Streetscene & Housing Service, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Phone 01484 414700
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org