If you have a regular problem with vehicles blocking your access or driveway, you can apply for a 'Keep Clear' marking to be put in.

How to apply

Please download and complete the application form.

  • The current charge (from 1 October 2016) for a standard H-Bar road marking is £166 (including VAT).
  • The charges for having other types of marking (with the 'Keep Clear' wording) vary, depending on the size of the area.
  • If you are registered disabled and have a Blue Badge, your marking will be provided free of charge.
Download form

After you have applied

  • A council officer will visit your property to survey the site and check the width of the access.
  • If the officer believes that a 'Keep Clear' marking is not appropriate, your application will be turned down.
  • If your application is approved, we will send you a plan within 15 days of the survey and we'll ask you to pay for the work if (if applicable)
Was this information helpful?