Images captured by the CCTV system are reviewed by a trained and experienced senior member of staff.
Fines are never issued without this review taking place.
If it appears that a contravention has occurred, details of the registered keeper will be obtained from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency).
Who can see the images
- Parking Enforcement officers can view CCTV images to:
- determine if a contravention has occurred
- gather evidence
- issue a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice)
- follow a case through any appeal or tribunal.
- The person who receives the fine can see the image that relates to their parking fine. If the image includes personal details of somebody else then those details are obscured before a copy of the image is released.
- Law enforcement agencies like the police. These are only used the purpose specified when released to the enforcement agency. Images may also be released when the council is compelled to release them due to a court order.