About the SPD
The SPD will support policies from the Local Plan which was adopted on 27 February 2019. Once adopted, this document will be a material consideration in determining planning applications.
The draft SPD provides guidance on the implementation of the Kirklees Local Plan Housing Mix and Affordable Housing Policy (LP11) which seeks to ensure provision of affordable housing in new housing developments and ensure that the housing mix meets local needs.
Please read the Draft Affordable Housing and Housing Mix SPD before leaving your feedback.
Have your say
Consultation closes at 5pm on Tuesday 1 November 2022
Complete our simple online form:
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesComment online
After you've commented
The comments submitted during the consultation period will be assessed and the SPD will be amended as appropriate prior to its adoption by the Council.
- Affordable Housing and Housing Mix SPD Consultation Statement
- Affordable Housing and Housing Mix SPD Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Statement
- Affordable Housing and Housing Mix SPD SEA Determination Statement
- Kirklees Transfer Values Viability Assessment
- Kirklees Council Dwelling Mix Analysis 2020-2031: Technical Note
- Huddersfield Town Centre Local Housing Market Assessment 2020
- Dewsbury Town Centre Local Housing Market Assessment 2020
- Viability Assessment: Kirklees Draft Affordable Housing & Housing Mix SPD August 2022
If you are not using the online consultation system, you can contact us with your comments. Hard copies are also available on request.
- Kirklees Council
- Address Planning Policy Group, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL
- Phone 01484 221627
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org