These provide guidance about how current planning policies will be applied.
- Negotiating Financial Contributions for Transport Improvements (Leeds Road, Huddersfield) (SPD1)
- This document, adopted on 21 September 2007, supports the initiative for the Kirklees Strategic Economic Zone to promote new business development.
- It explains how financial contributions will be secured at the time of the submission of planning applications. The contributions will help to pay for a transport strategy to improve the A62/A644.
- Affordable Housing (SPD2)
Interim Affordable Housing Policy 2020
- An updated Interim Affordable Housing Policy, approved on 14 January 2020, provides updated information to fully reflect the Kirklees Local Plan affordable housing Policy (LP11) and latest national guidance.
- Following the adoption of the Kirklees Local Plan (adopted February 2019) the council is attaching greater weight to the Interim Affordable Housing Policy than the guidance within SPD2 in the determination of planning applications where affordable housing triggers are met.
- Highway Design Guide SPD
Highway Design Guide Adoption Statement
Highway Design Guide Consultation Statement
- The Kirklees Highway Design Guide SPD, adopted on 4 November 2019, aims to promote high standards of highway design that reflect nationally recognised best-practice, and facilitate the delivery of high quality residential, employment and mixed-use developments in Kirklees. This SPD is relevant to all aspects of the built environment. The Highway Design Guide SPD helps to encourage good design in terms of how developments, routes and spaces relate to one another to create streets and public spaces that are safe, accessible, and pleasant to use.
- Huddersfield Town Centre Blueprint SPD
Huddersfield Town Centre Blueprint Adoption Statement
Huddersfield Town Centre Blueprint Consultation Statement
- The Huddersfield Town Centre Blueprint SPD, adopted 24 June 2020, sets out the vision and ambitions for the future of Huddersfield Town Centre for the period to 2031. The SPD sets a framework to capitalise and build on the unique aspects and character of Huddersfield to promote its regeneration and bring forward new uses which reflect the changing nature of our town centres. Its weight as a planning tool will add greater support to the delivery of Huddersfield Town Centre Regeneration Programme including potential funding applications for the delivery of key sites and transport schemes identified in the Blueprint.