- You must complete a driver renewal application and email it to Email firstname.lastname@example.org, along with all required supporting documents.
- You can do this up to three months prior to your renewal date to ensure your application is processed on time.
- Kirklees Council does not issue temporary licences.
- If your licence expires while your application is awaiting processing, you will be unable to work until your renewal has been granted.
- A valid UK passport or a valid passport and right to work in the UK
- DVLA Driving Licence
- Proof of address: an electricity or gas bill or a full bank statement (not a print out) issued within the last three months or a current financial year's council tax or water bill
All information supplied as proofs must be in your name with the exact same spelling and show your current address
DBS are due every 3 years, so please take note when your last one was processed as no reminder letters are now sent out. If you are unsure what documents you require please ring 01484 456868. A DBS must be obtained through Kirklees Licensing with the exception of accessing your details via the DBS update Service.
How to renew
Fill in the application form and email it and supporting documents to Licensing.
Paperclip You must email these documents to Email email@example.com:
- The completed renewal application form
- A photo of your DVLA driving licence - front and back
- A photo of your expired badge â€“ front and back
- A screenshot or copy of your DVLA Check Code. You can get this from View or share your driving licence information
- Photographs of your DBS documents, if required
- Your DBS expiry date is printed on the reverse of your badge and on your paper licence
- ID checking guidelines for standard/enhanced DBS check applications tells you which documents are needed for this.
Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutesDownload the renewal application form
After you have submitted the application form and documents
You will be contacted by telephone to make payment for your renewal application: Licence costs
Medical examination application for a Hackney Carriage/private hire drivers licence
- Download the form and book an appointment with your doctor to have the form completed
Paperclip Drivers must renew their medical every 5 years after the age of 40
Paperclip Drivers over the age of 65 must renew their medical every yearDownload form
- Kirklees Licensing Service
- Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org