You will need to complete a driver renewal application and make an appointment with licensing by ringing 01484 456868 option 1.
- A valid UK passport or a valid passport and right to work in the UK
- DVLA Driving Licence
- Proof of address: an electricity or gas bill or a full bank statement (not a print out) issued within the last three months or a current financial years council tax or water bill
All information supplied as proofs must be in your name with the exact same spelling and show your current address
DBS are due every 3 years, so please take note when your last one was processed as no reminder letters are now sent out. If you are unsure what documents you require please ring 01484 456868. A DBS must be obtained through Kirklees Licensing with the exception of accessing your details via the DBS update Service.
How to renew
- Complete the renewal form and call 01484 456868 to make an appointment at the Customer Service Centre.
- Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Your driving licence
- Your expired badge
- Pay the fee of £83.50 for a 1 year renewal (this does not include a DBS check)
- Pay the free for DBS check if required £56.00
- Pay the fee of £294.50 for a 3 year renewal (this includes a DBS check)
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) guidance
Clock Completing this form takes around 15 minutesDownload form
Medical examination application for a Hackney Carriage/private hire drivers licence
- Download the form and book an appointment with your doctor to have the form completed
Paperclip Drivers must renew their medical every 5 years after the age of 40
Paperclip Drivers over the age of 65 must renew their medical every yearDownload form
- Kirklees Licensing Service
- Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email email@example.com