Operator licences are attached to the premises. If a business moves or is sold a new operator licence needs to be applied for.

How to apply

Fill in the application form and email it and supporting documents to Licensing.

Paperclip You must email these documents to Email :

  • The completed application form
  • A copy of your planning permission for the taxi base, or a letter from Planning confirming you do not require planning permission
  • Applicants not already licensed with Kirklees Council need to have a DBS check completed. ID checking guidelines for standard/enhanced DBS check applications tells you which documents are needed for this. Photographs of these documents should be included in your email.

Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes

Download the renewal application form

After you have submitted the application form and documents

You will be contacted by telephone to make payment for your transferral application: Licence costs

Contact Licensing