Operator licences are attached to the premises. If a business moves or is sold a new operator licence needs to be applied for.

How to apply

  • Complete the application form
  • Provide confirmation that you have planning permission to operate out of your chosen premises
  • Applicants not already licensed with Kirkles Council will need to carry out the DBS procedure
  • DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) guidance

Clock Completing this form takes around 30 minutes

Paperclip All applicants must attend the office in person

Download form


Private hire operator licence fees
Licence type Price
Up to 2 vehicles - 1 year licence £95.00
Up to 2 vehicles - 5 year licence £454.00
3 vehicles and over - 1 year licence £231.50
3 vehicles and over - 5 year licence £1166.00


Contact Licensing

  • Kirklees Licensing Service
  • Address Flint Street Depot, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
  • Phone 01484 456868
  • Email licensing@kirklees.gov.uk