If you are applying for a licence for the first time, you will not need to complete the tax check. However, you will be asked to read HMRC guidance on what you need to do to be properly registered for tax in the future and you will need to confirm when you submit your application that you have done this.
For further guidance visit tax responsibilities.
Operator licences are attached to the premises. If a business moves or is sold a new operator licence needs to be applied for.
Transport contract opportunities with Kirklees Council
Kirklees Transport Team organise home to school transport for children with special educational needs and disabilities, and transport requirement for a number of other Council services. We tender long term transport routes, and also have short term and emergency requirements. Taxi and minibus operators/drivers are contracted to deliver this service, and we welcome new applications throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying to become an Approved Operator or Approved Driver, please contact the Transport Team for further information:
- Kirklees Transport Team
- Phone 01484 221000 Ext 71309
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Clock Completing this form takes around 30 minutes
To complete this form you will need:
- A debit or credit card to pay the relevant fee
- A copy of your planning permission for the taxi base, or a letter from Planning confirming you do not require planning permission
- Applicants not already licensed with Kirklees Council need to have a DBS check completed. Request a basic DBS check if you are not already licensed.
After you have applied
The Licensing service will contact you to arrange a time for you to collect your documents and explain your obligations and responsibilities as a new private hire operator.
|Up to 2 vehicles - 1 year licence||£95.00|
|Up to 2 vehicles - 5 year licence||£454.00|
|3 vehicles and over - 1 year licence||£234.50|
|3 vehicles and over - 5 year licence||£1166.00|
- Kirklees Council
- Address Licensing Service, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email email@example.com