Operator licences are attached to the premises. If a business moves or is sold a new operator licence needs to be applied for.
Transport contract opportunities with Kirklees Council
Kirklees Transport Team organise home to school transport for children with special educational needs and disabilities, and transport requirement for a number of other Council services. We tender long term transport routes, and also have short term and emergency requirements. Taxi and minibus operators/drivers are contracted to deliver this service, and we welcome new applications throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying to become an Approved Operator or Approved Driver, please contact the Transport Team for further information:
- Kirklees Transport Team
- Phone 01484 221000 Ext 71309
- Email email@example.com
How to apply
Fill in the application form and email it and supporting documents to Licensing.
Paperclip You must email these documents to Email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The completed application form
- A copy of your planning permission for the taxi base, or a letter from Planning confirming you do not require planning permission
- Applicants not already licensed with Kirklees Council need to have a DBS check completed. ID checking guidelines for standard/enhanced DBS check applications tells you which documents are needed for this. Photographs of these documents should be included in your email.
Clock Completing this form takes around 30 minutes
After you have submitted the application form and documents
You will be contacted by telephone to make payment for your transferral application.
|Up to 2 vehicles - 1 year licence||£95.00|
|Up to 2 vehicles - 5 year licence||£454.00|
|3 vehicles and over - 1 year licence||£231.50|
|3 vehicles and over - 5 year licence||£1166.00|
- Kirklees Licensing Service
- Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email email@example.com