Employing a personal assistant (PA) can give you more control and flexibility over how your needs are met and to receive support in a way that you choose.
You can employ a personal assistant to meet your needs by paying them yourself on a private basis or with a Direct Payment from the Council if you are eligible for one. A Direct Payment is an alternative to the Council providing you with their own brokered services.
What do personal assistants do
A personal assistant can help with a wide range of tasks; they can support you at home, at work, in education or when you are out and about. The support could include:
- Personal care - such as getting dressed
- Making meals or helping you to eat/drink
- Helping you take your medication
- Using transport, attending appointments or socialising if you need extra support whilst you are out.
Having a personal assistant can be more sociable. Many people employing a personal assistant consider them a friend as well as an employee and appreciate the consistency of having one-to-one support from someone they know well and get on with.
Support with hiring a personal assistant
If you would like In2Care Kirklees to support you with advertising for a Personal Assistant - please complete the form below.
Request an advert
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesFill form
After you've applied
The form will come straight to our team to begin working on.
Or contact the team with the contact details below.
If you are looking for support to advertise for a personal assistant please contact In2Care Kirklees via one of the following methods:
If you would like further information or support with hiring a personal assistant, please contact our Gateway to Care team who will put you in touch with Care Navigation.
A Care Navigator can:
- Talk through the different options to find and recruit a PA.
- Help to explain the responsibilities with employing a PA and give you information about agencies that can manage some of these responsibilities to make things easier for you.
- Help to check if you would be eligible for a Direct Payment to pay towards a PA.
- Answer any questions you have and provide all relevant information about Direct Payments and employing PA's.
- Put you in touch with In2Care Kirklees who can support with advertising and sourcing PAs.