If you need help around the home, a good option is to have a care worker come into your home to help you.
Types of home help
Home care can suit you if you need:
- personal care, such as washing or dressing
- assisting you to get up and to go to bed
- continence care
- helping you take your medication
- preparing light meals and snacks
Home care workers do not usually help with cleaning services or preparing large meals.
If you have a complex package of support you may also get support with:
- light cleaning
- support dealing with finances, household bills, letters and correspondence
We may also provide support to access local community facilities depending on your assessed need. Our staff are trained to support you if you have an assessed need for aids, adaptations and/or movement and handling equipment, so you can maximise your independence. We do not provide nursing care.
Finding home care services
- Find Home Care Services on the NHS website
- Read about what you can expect from home care services arranged by Kirklees Council.
Make an enquiry about home care services
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock You will need an email account.Contact us online
After you've contacted us
A Gateway to care officer will then contact you directly via email or a telephone call.