If you need help around the home you can contact a care agency to buy your own care and support.
You could also choose to employ a personal assistant to help you.
Home care can be arranged by the Council if you are eligible. If your care is arranged by us, you will be asked to pay a contribution depending on your financial circumstances.
How home care can help
Home care can help you if you need help with:
- personal care, such as washing or dressing
- getting up or going to bed
- continence care
- taking your medication
- preparing light meals and snacks
Home care workers do not usually help with cleaning services or preparing large meals.
If you have a large amount of care already, they may also help you with:
- light cleaning
- dealing with finances, household bills, letters and correspondence
They can provide support to access your local community depending on your needs. Their staff are trained to support you if you have an assessed need for equipment or adaptations, so you can remain as independent as possible.
Finding home care services
- Find Home Care Services on the NHS website
- Read about what you can expect from home care services arranged by Kirklees Council.
How to contact adult social care services
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email email@example.com
- Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ