Homes for Ukraine scheme
Homes for Ukraine sponsors tells you what happens and what support is available if you have been matched with an individual or family.
This Government scheme supports individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to provide accommodation for Ukrainians, and their immediate family members, who come to the UK.
Ukrainian nationals and their immediate family members, who were resident in Ukraine prior to 1 January 2022, are eligible for support.
Before you register and ongoing support
We advise you to read this guidance:
- Government guidance: Homes for Ukraine scheme: frequently asked questions
- Reset Communities and Refugees: Homes for Ukraine sponsor toolkit
- NACCOM (The No Accommodation Network): Hosting Good Practice Guide
- Asylum Welcome: The Homes for Ukraine Scheme - Practical Information
- City of Sanctuary: Things to consider before applying to sponsor a refugee
- GOV UK: Recognised providers: Organisations who can help guests from Ukraine find sponsors in the UK
- GOV UK: Recognised providers: Organisations who can help UK citizens become sponsors
Register your interest in becoming a sponsor
Individuals and organisations can register their interest in sponsoring a guest. A lead sponsor is needed for each household. For example, where a couple has applied to sponsor, one of them should be designated as 'lead sponsor'.
Sponsors are required to:
- Provide suitable accommodation for a minimum of 6 months
- Stay in regular contact with their guest before they arrive to help:
- organise and coordinate their arrival in the UK
- meet them on arrival
- arrange transfer to their accommodation.
Kirklees Council will provide general reception arrangements and immediate support on arrival if guests require it.
Homes for Ukraine: record your interest
What happens after you have registered
When we are told that a match has been made we:
- email information to you about what the next steps are
- phone you to have a conversation about plans
- attempt to phone guests to introduce ourselves, working with interpreters where needed
- begin a series of checks on your property and household. Homes for Ukraine sponsors tells you about these.
Support if you want to become a sponsor
Reset can provide support if you don't know anyone in Ukraine and want to provide support through the Homes for Ukraine scheme. They want to enable the many amazing people opening up their homes as sponsors to find refugees from Ukraine, help them on their journey and offer an opportunity to integrate into our communities.
What Reset do
- Offer a matching, training and support service to sponsors and refugees.
- Accept applications from potential sponsors and from refugees hoping to come to the UK.
Support if you want to withdraw your application
If you wish to withdraw your application, you should call the Home Office helpdesk for support:
- Phone + 44 808 164 8810 - Select option 1 - Calls are free of charge
If you cannot contact UK 0808 numbers you can contact:
- Phone +44 175390 7510 - Select option 1 - You may charged for this call - check with your phone provider if you are not sure