Following an independent Examination, Kirklees Council has determined that the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan (as modified to incorporate the independent Examiner's recommendations) should proceed to Referendum. The date of the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Planning Referendum is 4 November 2021.
- Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan - Report of the Independent Examiner
- Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan - Summary of representations submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Decision statement - Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan
- General information about the Town and Country Planning System, the role of development plans and the Holme Valley Development Plan
- Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan - Neighbourhood Area
This is a statement by Kirklees Council that it supports the independent Examiner's recommendation to modify the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan for it to proceed to referendum. It also confirms that the council considers that subject to the modifications that the Plan meets the basic conditions and other necessary provisions.
Paper copies of the referendum documents will be available to view at the following locations from October 2021 subject to any council Covid-19 restrictions on the opening of public buildings:
- Holmfirth Library 47 Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth HD9 3JH
- Honley Library West Avenue, Honley HD9 6HF
- Huddersfield Library Princess Alexandra Walk, Huddersfield HD1 2SU
- Kirklees Council Civic Centre 3, Huddersfield
An independent examiner, Peter Biggers BSc Hons MRTPI has been appointed to examine the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP).
Examination news and documents
The examiner has produced an initial set of questions for Holme Valley Parish Council (qualifying body), Kirklees Council and the Peak District National Park Authority. This is based on an initial assessment of the submitted plan and representations received through the Regulation 16 Publicity/Consultation. The examiner may request additional information as the examination progresses.
The examiner anticipates that the examination will be conducted through written representations rather than a virtual public inquiry.
Kirklees Council undertook publicity on the submission documents between 8 December 2020 and 2 February 2021. This is required by Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). You can view all the comments we received using the Kirklees Planning Consultation Portal
Email us if you would like to be notified of the Local Planning Authority's decision on the plan proposal. We may decide to make or to refuse the Neighbourhood Development Plan. The decision is taken under Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
- Planning Policy Group
- Address PO Box B93, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2JR