Made (completed) plan
The Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan was made at Full Council on 8 December 2021. The Plan was also made by the Peak District National Park Authority Planning Committee on 10 December as the Plan covers part of the Peak District National Park.
For the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Area this means that the plan forms part of the Kirklees Development Plan.
You can view paper copies at the following locations. Please check for opening times, which may be subject to change.
|Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Market Street, Huddersfield HD1 2NE||Monday to Wednesday and Friday - 9am to 5pm
Thursday - 10am to 5pm
|Huddersfield Library, Princess Alexandra Walk, Huddersfield HD1 2SU||Monday - 9:30am to 6pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday - 9am to 5pm
Thursday - 9am to 7pm
Saturday - 9:30am to 4pm
|Holmfirth Library, 47 Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth HD9 3JH||Monday - 9:30am to 7pm
Tuesday - 9:30am to 1:30pm
Wednesday - 1pm to 5:30pm
Thursday and Friday - 9:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday - 10am to 4pm
|Honley Library, West Avenue, Honley HD9 6HF||Tuesday - 1pm to 6pm
Wednesday - 10am to 1pm
Friday - 1pm to 5pm
Saturday - 10am to 1pm
If you require a copy via post or email, please contact us.
Following an independent Examination, Kirklees Council has determined that the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan (as modified to incorporate the independent Examiner's recommendations) should proceed to Referendum. The date of the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Planning Referendum was 4 November 2021.
- Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan - Report of the Independent Examiner
- Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan - Summary of representations submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Decision statement - Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan
- This is a statement by Kirklees Council that it supports the independent Examiner's recommendation to modify the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan for it to proceed to referendum. It also confirms that the council considered that subject to the modifications the Plan met the basic conditions and other necessary provisions.
- General information about the Town and Country Planning System, the role of development plans and the Holme Valley Development Plan
- Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan - Neighbourhood Area
An independent examiner, Peter Biggers BSc Hons MRTPI was appointed to examine the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP).
Examination news and documents
The examiner produced an initial set of questions for Holme Valley Parish Council (qualifying body), Kirklees Council and the Peak District National Park Authority. This was based on an initial assessment of the submitted plan and representations received through the Regulation 16 Publicity/Consultation.
The examination was conducted through written representations rather than a virtual public inquiry.
Kirklees Council undertook publicity on the submission documents between 8 December 2020 and 2 February 2021. This is required by Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). You can view all the comments we received using the Kirklees Planning Consultation Portal
Strategic Environmental Assessment
In accordance with the Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive 2001/42/EC the council has determined that the draft Holme Valley Neighbourhood Plan is likely to have significant environmental effects and therefore requires a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA).
- Holme Valley neighbourhood plan SEA determination letter
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Plan Non-Technical Summary
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Plan September 2020
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for the Holme Valley Neighbourhood Plan Addendum Report October 2021
Holme Valley neighbourhood area: Approved on 27th January 2015 (Kirklees Council cabinet) and 13th February 2015 (Peak District National Park authority).