This service is available so that you can seek advice on any householder proposals, which include extensions and any other development within the curtilage of an existing dwellinghouse (excluding change of use).
Our service offers:
- Background research on your property
- Written record of advice you have received
- The planner will visit your property if they consider it necessary
- We need supporting information from you so we can provide you with pre-application advice
- The amount we require depends on the category of your request
- The more you can provide, the more detailed advice we will be able to provide
- Description of the existing use/s and proposed development, including breakdown of existing and proposed floorspace
- 1:1250 site location plan
- 1:500 site plan
Additional material that will help
- An initial design assessment (phase one of a Design and Access Statement)
- Photographs and plans describing the site, buildings, topography and landscape features, and its context
- Proposed floor plans (preferably 1:200)
- Proposals for community consultation
- Heritage Impact Assessment
Pre-application fees are separate to those covered by any subsequent planning application fee.
How to get pre-application advice
- Fill in our online form
- Provide details of your proposal
- Pay the fee
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes.Apply online
After you've applied
We endeavour to provide you with a full response within 20 working days, or an invite to an initial meeting (dependant on the level of advice being sought) within 10 working days of payment being received.
If we need to consult with other specialists it may take longer.
If you require a response before this time, please discuss this with the case officer
Other ways to apply
You can also print out a Pre-application enquiry form, fill it in and send to us.