What you need to consider when planning an event
Discover the main council-owned outdoor spaces available to hire for events in Kirklees town centres, parks and other green spaces. Find out how to book a space and which application forms you might need. Get help, advice and guidance about what you need to consider to ensure your event is safe and you have all the correct permissions in place. Find council contacts should you need further information or help.
COVID-19 vaccination programme tells you who is eligible and how to get vaccinated.
All national restrictions for events have been lifted
- Organised events guidance for local authorities: Step 4
- Safer public places - managing public outdoor settings
If you want to hold an outdoor event
As we move out of restrictions, infection rates (both nationally and locally) are still fluctuating and so the council would ask all outdoor event organisers to continue with the hands face space messaging when planning their events. Whilst no longer mandatory, to have such measures in place will reassure those attending or working on your event and local residents that you are acting responsibly and planning a safe event. Event organisers have a duty of care to all staff and volunteers working on their event as well as audience members so a risk assessment must be produced which includes the measures you will put in place to reduce the risk of Covid transmission. If you would like further advice, please email SAG@kirklees.gov.uk.
Event organisers may be asked to attend a Safety Advisory Group (SAG) meeting, this will depend upon the size and nature of the event. For example;
- Expected audience in excess of 500 people at any one time
- Activities which could be dangerous - fireworks, stunt riders, aerial displays, large inflatables, etc.
- The event and/or event organiser is new to the area
- An established event that has new organisers or a new element that could be a safety concern or which is significantly different to previous years
- Email SAG@kirklees.gov.uk
As an event organiser, you can also request a meeting with the SAG to discuss your event and seek advice from SAG members at the below email;
- COVID-19 Events Checklist - Questions and considerations to help you plan for any future events
- GOV UK: Working safely during coronavirus (Section 8.1 - Outdoor events planning)
- GOV UK: Working safely during coronavirus - Performing arts
- GOV UK: Working safely during coronavirus - Events and attractions