If you wish to sell or supply alcohol, you will need to hold a personal licence.
All alcohol serving premises with a premises licence will need at least one personal licence holder, one of whom will be named on the premises licence as the Designated Premises Supervisor.
A personal licence holder must:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Not have forfeited a personal licence within 5 years prior to making an application
- Not have been convicted of any relevant or foreign offence
- Possess an accredited licensing qualification (or equivalent)
Step 1 - apply for basic disclosure
To become a personal licence holder you must first apply for a basic disclosure and attain one of the following qualifications:
- BIIAB Level 2 Certificate for Personal Licence Holders Accreditation No 100/4866/2
- GOAL Level 2 Certificate for Personal Licence Holders Accreditation No 100/4865/0
- GOAL Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holder Accreditation No 100/50401
Clock Completing this form takes around 20 minutes
Paperclip You will need to pay an application fee of £25.00Apply for a basic disclosure
Step 2 - apply for a personal licence
- Download the application form and send it to us with your payment of £37.00
- You will need to provide the following documents:
- DBS Basic Disclosure (no older than 28 days)
- 2 Passport Photos one must be endorsed by a suitably qualified person (see list in guidance notes)
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- Completing this form takes around 20 minutes - please see the Guidance Notes before completing the form.
After you've applied
- If there are no objections and the applicant fulfils the application criteria, the application will be granted.
Relevant authority details
- Kirklees Licensing Service
- Address Flint Street Depot, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Phone 01484 456868
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org