If you want to carry out a 'licensable activity' on unlicenced premises your will need to apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN). The process of applying is formally known as 'serving' a Temporary Events Notice.
Licensable activities include:
- selling alcohol
- serving alcohol to members of a private club
- providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
- serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
You will also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence, for example holding a wedding reception at a community centre.
You can only apply for a TEN as an individual, not an organisation.
You must be at least 18 to apply for a TEN
How to apply
- Download the form from the Licensing Website.
- If you 'serve' your application form by email you only need to send one copy to email@example.com. It is then the responsibility of the licensing authority to ensure that West Yorkshire Police and Environmental health receive copies.
- If you 'serve' your application form by post to Licensing it is your responsibility to ensure that the West Yorkshire Police and Environmental Health also receive one copy each. The address for all departments is below:
Flint Street Depot, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield HD1 6LG.
- You should apply at least 10 working days before the event.
- The date of submitting the TEN and the day of the event are not included in the total number of working days before the event.
- The cost for this licence is £21.00 on receipt of the form Licensing will call you to take a card payment.
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutes
After you've applied
- We will give you written acknowledgement of the receipt of the notice.
Where to send your form
If you're sending your form by post send one copy each to:
- Licensing Service
- Address Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- West Yorkshire Police
- Address C/O Kirklees Licensing Service, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Environmental Health
- Address Pollution & Noise Control, Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG