The Short Term and Urgent Support team provide our Reablement service for people aged 18 and over who live in Kirklees. They help you to regain the skills and confidence you need to live independently at home, particularly after an illness or a stay in hospital.
When you can get this service how to get it
To get this services you will have to have your needs assessed and meet the eligibility critieria. You will also need be willing and able to relearn how to carry out everyday skills and tasks. Where the assessment takes place depends on your situation as detailed below:-
After leaving hospital
Support to help you recover from an illness or an operation.
Hospital staff should arrange support before you leave hospital.
Speak to the person in charge of you going home (discharge co-ordinator) to make sure this happens.
Contact Gateway to care if you have been discharged and care hasn't been arranged. Your hospital won't get involved after you leave.
After a fall or short illness
Support to help you avoid going into hospital if you don't need to.
If you or someone you know falls or needs help because they're ill, speak to your GP practice or Gateway to care.
If you have started to find everyday tasks difficult
You can get help with daily tasks. This can help you learn new ways of doing things before needing paid home help.
If you find everyday tasks difficult, contact Gateway to care.
What support you could get
Reablement means different things for different people it all depends on your individual situation.
For example, it might mean we work with you to:
- practise daily activities such as cooking and bathing to help you regain skills and get your confidence back
- find new ways to do some things so you feel safer and more confident
- look at other options to support your independence at home for example assistive technology, equipment or alterations to your home.
- support with some therapy plans, if prescribed by a physiotherapist or occupational therapist.
How much it costs
Reablement is free for a maximum of 6 weeks. It will depend on how soon you are able to cope at home.
If you require support that goes beyond this time you may be charged. The amount you pay is based on a financial assessment.
Contact Gateway to care
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email email@example.com
- Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ
Service quality standards
The Kirklees Council Short Term and Urgent Support Service provide the Reablement and are registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission.