The Short Term and Urgent Support team provide our Reablement service for people aged 18 and over who live in Kirklees. They help you to regain the skills and confidence you need to live independently at home, particularly after an illness or a stay in hospital.
What support could I have
Reablement is a short intensive service, provided in the home which is offered to people who have the potential to recover or improve their level of independence.
For example, it might mean we work with you to:
- Practice daily activities such as cooking and bathing to help you regain skills and get your confidence back.
- Find new ways for you to do some things so you feel safer and more confident.
- Look at other options which may help to support your independence at home. For example assistive technology, equipment or alterations to your home
- Support with some therapy plans, if prescribed by a physiotherapist or occupational therapist
How much it costs
The service is time limited and not chargeable during this time. If it is identified that you require support that goes beyond this time you will be charged. A person led needs assessment will be done and the amount you pay is based on a financial assessment.
How can I get the service
To get this service you will need to be eligible and also you will need to be willing and able to relearn how to carry out everyday skills and tasks.
Contact Gateway to care
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email email@example.com
- Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ
Service quality standards
The Kirklees Council Short Term and Urgent Support Service provide the Reablement and are registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission.