If you or a loved one has had a stroke, there are support groups available with different activities, from peer support, socialising, arts, crafts and exercise. There is also online support available when you need it.
What to do if you think you are having a stroke
- Face - is your face drooping at one side?
- Arm - has your arm gone weak, or do you have no feeling in your arm?
- Speach - are you finding it difficult to speak or is your speech slurred?
- Time - act quickly and call 999 if you suspect a stroke.
This video might help you identify the signs of a stroke:
The Stroke Association
The Stroke Association is a UK charity, supporting people following a stroke. You can contact them for support. They also have details of local support groups on their website
Support groups in Kirklees and surrounding areas
- Different Strokes
- Address Armley Leisure Centre, Carr Crofts, Leeds, LS12 3HB
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0113 418 2833 Lynne Archer
- Website Different Strokes
- When does the group meet: Every Friday, 1.00pm - 3.00pm
- Support provided: Support and activity group for younger people who have suffered a stroke.