We want to hear about your experiences, both good and bad. We know that sometimes mistakes can happen. With your help we can try to put them right and make improvements for everyone.

If you, or someone you know, receives a service from us and has comments to make then please let us know.

View the Adult Social Care Customer Services annual report 2022-2023.

How to tell us if you are happy with a service

If you are happy with a service we have provided, please tell us. We can then use this information across other areas to make sure we are providing a good service for everyone.

If you wish to tell us about a good service you have received from a team or staff member, please use our contact form.

How to tell us if you are unhappy with a service

  1. The best way to deal with a complaint is to talk to the manager of the service you receive. They will work with you to solve the problem so you feel happier with the service you get.
  2. If you don't know who to talk to, fill in our online form or contact us by phone or post. Our Customer Service Team will then advise you. They will make sure your concerns are looked into by the right person in order to provide the best possible outcome.
  3. If you are still not happy with the response you get from us, you can make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman . They look at the way that local authority services are provided. Tel: 0300 061 0614

Make a complaint or compliment

You can contact us in the way that best suits you in person, by phone, or by using the form below.

Contact us online

After you've contacted us

Your complaint will be passed to the responsible manager who will work with you to solve the problem. We encourage you to be involved at all times during the investigation into your complaint, so that you are completely happy with the way it is looked into.

Other ways to contact us

  • Kirklees Council Adult Social Care Complaints
  • Address Freepost: RTHS-EUEY-ZYCB, Adult Social Care Customer Services, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL
  • Phone 01484 225115

Keeping you safe from harm

If you suspect someone you know is being abused, for example physical, psychological, financial, sexual, neglect or discriminatory abuse, then you can report this on our Reporting abuse or neglect of an adult at risk section.

Other complaints procedures

Care home complaints

Contact the Care Quality Commission If you have a complaint about a care home or service and do not want to complain to the home directly or to the council. They are responsible for making sure that providers meet the regulations and standards that apply to them.

Complaints about a service or care organisation arranged by yourself

If your complaint is about a service or provider that you have arranged yourself, you should discuss your complaint with the manager of that service. The service provider will give you a copy of their complaints leaflet. If you remain unhappy, the Local Government Ombudsman investigates complaints from people who arrange and manage their own social care.

Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts about Kirklees
Was this information helpful?