Our pledge to children who are in care and Care Leavers' is made up of things that the council promise that they can definitely do for you. It is written simply so that it is easy to understand.
We worked together with the Children in Care Council and Care Leavers' Forum to agree our pledge.
Our pledge is for all children and young people in our care and those that have left care, from babies to your 21st birthday and sometimes up to the age of 25, although some parts only apply to certain ages.
We hope you use this pledge to make sure you take advantage of all the support, services and opportunities that are available.
- To help and support you to stay safe and have a healthy and active lifestyle.
- To involve you in all decisions about your life.
- To want you to do well and encourage you to do and be the best that you can be.
- To support you throughout your education and to plan for the future.
- To listen and make sure you know what will happen next.
- To celebrate your achievements.
- To make sure you have lots of different people to support you.
- To help you have new experiences and develop your own interests.
Have your say
If you are unhappy with the service you receive and want to make a complaint then please let us know.
Sometimes we do good things, so please let us know if you are happy with the service you receive.
Children's Rights can help you to give a compliment or make a complaint or provide an advocate who could help you sort out any problems you may have.