Tell us about your events
Kirklees Concert Season 2014-15 Invitation to Dream
Welcome to our new season of orchestral, organ and chamber concerts in which we present a stunning season of music that will fill the beautiful town halls of Huddersfield and Dewsbury.
- Gordon Stewart - Lunchtime Organ Concert, Huddersfield Town Hall, Huddersfield, Monday 1st December 2014
- Orchestra of Opera North - Scaling the Heights, Huddersfield Town Hall, Huddersfield, Thursday 4th December 2014
- The University of Huddersfield Brass Band - Lunchtime Concert, Dewsbury Town Hall, Dewsbury, Wednesday 10th December 2014
- Orchestra of Opera North and Chorus of Opera North - A Joyous Christmas, Dewsbury Town Hall, Dewsbury, Thursday 11th December 2014
- University of Huddersfield Brass Band - Lunchtime Concert, Huddersfield Town Hall, Huddersfield, Monday 15th December 2014
As ever our resident ensemble, the Orchestra of Opera North, and Borough Organist Dr Gordon Stewart are at the heart of the season. We have invited back some of our most popular conductors and soloists to join us alongside some very exciting new faces. A highlight will be the performance of Mozart's Requiem - a masterpiece that will also showcase the Chorus of Opera North.
This year's programme includes some spectacular family classics including The Gruffalo, Popular Classics for the Family, Classic FM at the Movies and many more. This year we're continuing our popular 'Kids for a Quid' offer where under 16s can enjoy any concert for £1 when accompanied by an adult. Bring along the family and enjoy the concert season together.
Our popular lunchtime organ and chamber concert series returns with a fantastically talented line-up. As ever, these concerts are very well priced at only £5 each (£3.50 for concessions). Regular lunchtime concert goers comment how wonderfully friendly and sociable these daytime events are, and with competitively priced lunches available from 11.30am, ticket holders can enjoy a bite to eat and chat prior to sitting back and enjoying the uplifting musical programmes on offer. With friendly banter from the likes of Borough Organist Dr Gordon Stewart and other season performers, the audience gets an insight into the music, as well as a few entertaining personal anecdotes.
We hope you'll join us as often as possible in our 'Invitation to Dream' year ahead for world-class music-making on your doorstep.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure the information is accurate, no responsibility can be accepted for errors or omissions or for changes in events
after submission of data or copy.