You are allowed to keep up to 6 hens and 8 rabbits on your allotment plot with permission. Cockerels, ducks, geese or other poultry are not allowed.
Apply for permission to keep live stock
Apply to keep hens or rabbitsContact streetscene
After you've applied
You will be sent a request for information about:
- the number of live stock you wish to keep
- the housing and welfare of the live stock
- the structure you will be using as housing
- the safeguards to be taken to prevent soil contamination and nuisance from vermin.
If your replies to the requested information are acceptable in meeting standards, we will confirm the council's agreement in writing. You are not permitted to keep any hens until you have received written confirmation.
If your plot and hens are inspected at any time, and found to be in an unacceptable condition you may be in breach of your tenancy agreement.
Contact Kirklees Allotments
- Kirklees Allotments - Streetscene
- Address Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Phone 01484 414700
- Email email@example.com