The Care Navigation Service support adults in Kirklees to achieve positive outcomes and help them to remain independent and in control of their lives.
There is no charge for the Care Navigation Service. However, there may be a cost to any activity or service you decide to take part in.
Who the service is for
Care Navigation is for anyone over the age of 18 who would like advice, information or support regarding the outcomes they would like to achieve. We can support you whether or not you have been assessed as needing formal services.
What we do
A Care Navigator can:
- Look at what you already have in place to help you and any additional support you may require.
- Help you to think about what you would like to change or improve in your life. Then draw up a plan for you make the changes yourself or with help from others.
- Connect you to activities, events and leisure opportunities in your area to reduce social isolation and improve your wellbeing.
- We support individuals who have been formally assessed and are in receipt of a direct payment.
- We offer advice and information to carers to support them to sustain their caring role.
- Meet with you face to face to offer information, advice and short-term help to find services or activities in your local area to help maintain your independence.
You can watch this short video clip to find out about Nazir, a Care Navigator and how he supports individuals.
Examples of how we have supported people
Watch these short videos of people's experiences and how the Care Navigation Service helped them:
Mabel's story (video)
How care navigators helped Mabel, who wanted to feel safer in her own home and keep her independence.
Pauline's story (video)
How care navigators helped Pauline, a 91 year old lady who wanted help to stay at home and remain independent. They helped her to set up Skype so she could keep in contact with friends and family.
Natalie's story (video)
How care navigators helped Natalie, a single mother with a learning disability and no friends or family living nearby.
Richard's story (video)
How care navigators helped Richard who has a long term health condition and is a carer for his wife. They helped him with his caring role and to set up a direct payment.
How to contact adult social care services
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ