If you want to collect donations on the street on behalf of a charity you will need to complete an application for a Permit for Street Collection.

Street collection regulations

How to apply

Download the form and send it to us

  • There is no cost for this permit
  • You must be a registered charity or non commercial organisation
  • Have a letter of authorisation from your chosen charity or organisation stating that you are collecting on their behalf
  • You may be asked to provide documents to the Council's Duty Enforcement Officer on the day(s) of collection

Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes

Download form

After the collection

You must advise us of the result of your collection by completing a returns form:

Street collections - returns form

Contact Licensing

  • Kirklees Licensing Service
  • Address Huddersfield Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2EY
  • Phone 01484 456868
  • Email licensing@kirklees.gov.uk
Was this information helpful?