If you wish to carry out a street based activity, you are required to complete a permit application.

Check first with Licensing to find out if the area you want is free on the dates you require.

How to apply

Download the form and email it to licensing@kirklees.gov.uk

  • You need to be 17 years or over
  • If applicable Licensing will phone your for a card payment prior to processing.

Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes

Download form

Permit costs

Street activity permit fees
Permit type Price
Admin charge (per application) £30
Street activity Macaulay St, Huddersfield - Dewsbury or Batley Market Place £146.00 per day
Street activity Nelson Mandela Corner, Huddersfield (no vehicles allowed) £73.50 per day
There is currently no charge for charities and community groups

Contact Licensing

  • Kirklees Council
  • Address Licensing Service, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL
  • Phone 01484 456868
  • Email licensing@kirklees.gov.uk
Was this information helpful?