It is a legal requirement under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 that all works involving the opening up or breaking open of the public highway are registered.
How to apply
Contact us to request an application pack
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutesContact Highways
After you've applied
You will be issued with an individual reference number with your application pack.
Usually the owner of the apparatus being installed or repaired apply, not the appointed contractor.
Anyone carrying out street works must have a qualified supervisor and trained operative, who have received training in what is required to excavate, sign and guard the works and reinstate afterwards to the correct standard.
Licences are issued for three types of private street works, these are:
- Install or repair a foul or clean water drain or connection
- Install or repair any other type of apparatus, for example, a gas or electricity supply or ducting for computers
- Breaking or opening the highway for purposes other than installing or repairing apparatus.
- £489 for works involving installing or repairing apparatus
- £290 for opening the highway for any other purpose
- Highways ROSS
- Address Flint Street, Fartown , Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Phone 01484 414700
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org