Apply for permission to place an advertising board or display goods on a public highway
How to apply
- Download the form and email it with the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will then ring you for a card payment when a decision is made.
- Or, you can post your application to Licensing Department Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG
- Please note there will be a 28 day consultation period
- You must provide a detailed and accurate scale drawing showing clearly the space you are applying to use within your application. Failure to provide this information may result in delays or your application being rejected.
- The cost for this licence is £112.00
- Each licence is valid for 5 years
Clock Completing this form takes around 10 minutesDownload form
After you've applied
- Where consent is given, licences will be issued under sections 115 (E) of the Highways Act 1980, Section 224 of the Town And Country Planning Act 1990 and the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) regulations 1992 for a period of 5 years.
- Licences are not transferable
A-boards and display of goods
Fines and penalties
Your licence can be withdrawn and you can be fined up to £2,500 if you don't obey the conditions on it.
If you put an advertising sign or display on a pavement or road without a licence, you can be fined up to £2,500, and £250 for each day that it stays there.