Kirklees Council's Local welfare provision team run a non-cash scheme, which provides support like, food parcels, furniture and debt advice.
There are also a number of charities/organisations that help the homeless and those in various stages of poverty:
- The Welcome Centre - provide food packs for people who have been referred to them by front line services including Huddersfield Mission and Housing Support.
- The Huddersfield Mission - provide a café/drop in service for homeless people.
- Bread of Life - a local drop in centre in Huddersfield their soup kitchen is open to all every Tuesday 2:30pm to 5pm
- Dewsbury Minster - offers a drop in free food service Monday - Saturday 9.30am - 11am (limited to 3 people at a time)
- St Anne's Community Services - supports single homeless people with support needs
- Basement Project - has centres in Dewsbury and Huddersfield. Offers a drop-in breakfast club in Dewsbury every Wednesday 9.30am-12pm and drop-in for basic assessment 2:30pm every Monday.
- Fusion Housing - has offices in Huddersfield and Dewsbury offering free confidential advice on all housing and housing-related matters for people aged 16 - 30
- Baptist Church (Drop-in), Wakefield Old Road, Dewsbury, Monday & Thursday 10am-12 noon. Offer a free meal.
- Local organisations - Homelessness