If you need help with everyday tasks in the home, there is equipment available and changes that can be made in your home which will help with daily living.
This can help you with:
- Safe access and mobility in and around the home
- Bathing and showering
- Getting in and out of bed
- Kitchen activities
- Sitting and standing
- Being independent in your own home
Find equipment, advice and support to help with daily living
You can use the AskSARA online self-assessment tool to find useful information about products that make daily living easier.
AskSARA is free and easy to use. Simply choose which subject you would like help and support with and then answer some questions about yourself and your environment. AskSARA will then give you a personalised report providing:
- ideas and tips about ways to make your life easier;
- details of products that might help you, and where to get them; and
- contacts for more information and further help if needed.
Buying your own equipment
Equipment is widely available online from a large number of retailers.
You may like to visit a local equipment shop where you can try before you buy. You can search for a local equipment shop online.
Getting help from us
Finding out what you need is the first thing and we may offer you advice and information or equipment after we have assessed your needs.
We may need to arrange for an assessor to visit you in your home to assess your needs and provide advice. They will ask questions to see how you manage in your home and where you need help. You'll work out what help you would like together.
Following an assessment of your needs, equipment to support you can be provided by the council. All equipment is provided on a loan basis, to be used for as long as is required to meet your needs
To arrange an assessment or have find out what help is available please contact our Gateway to care team on the details below.
How to contact adult social care services
Contact Gateway to Care
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ
Returning our equipment
Equipment we loan to you must be returned when you no longer need it. This will help support other people who also need equipment
Please contact Medequip equipment returns to arrange a free collection.