Our sensory team provides specialist support to people who are:-

  • blind
  • visually impaired
  • deaf
  • hard of hearing
  • and those who have combined hearing and sight loss

What we do

The Sensory team will assess your sensory needs and then recommend or provide equipment, rehabilitation training, advice and support.

How you will be assessed

We start by looking at how your sensory loss affects your day-to-day life. We call this process an assessment and this will usually take place in your home.

We will talk with you about the kind of help you think you need and agree together on what would best support you.

Getting a diagnosis

Before contacting us we would encourage you to have the cause of your sight loss / hearing loss diagnosed. If you have not had a hearing test within the last 5 years or been to the hospital eye department, speak firstly to your GP.

We are unable to offer medical advice / treatment, hearing aids or glasses

How to contact sensory services


Text only: 07786202419

How to contact adult social care services

Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.

  • Contact Gateway to care
  • Phone 01484 414933
  • Opening times
  • Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
  • After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
  • Email
  • Address Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2YZ
Was this information helpful?