Our sensory team (Deaf, Blind Services) provides specialist support to people who are either:-
- Visually impaired
- Combined hearing and sight loss
- Hard of hearing
What we do
The Sensory team will provide an assessment to discuss your sensory needs. If appropriate we can then provide:
- Rehabilitiion training
- Advice and information
- Signposting to other agencies/services
- Deaf Advice Sessions (DAS) for BSL users
- BSL interpreter
What an assessment is
We start by looking at how your sensory loss affects your day-to-day life. We call this process an assessment and this will usually take place in your home.
We will talk with you about the kind of help you think you need and agree together on what would best support you.
We are unable to offer medical advice/treatment, hearing aids, magnifiers or glasses. If you need support in this area you would need to contact your GP.
How to contact sensory services
Text only: 07786202419
How to contact adult social care services
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email email@example.com
- Address Kirklees Council, Gateway to care, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL