Non-profit making voluntary and community groups must register with the Grants Access Point (GAP) before they can apply for all Kirklees Council funding schemes.
Registering with GAP
- GAP registration lasts for 3 years.
- We review key documents and give you feedback on governance and management arrangements.
- You must demonstrate that your organisation:
- is democratically run
- meets the relevant rules and standards set for your group, for instance charitable status
- has the strength to manage the level of funding that council grant givers are considering.
- Grant application forms are shorter as they focus on the project you want to deliver.
- You don't have to resubmit information you've included in your registration, unless there are any changes.
What you need to supply to register
This is the type of information we need to start your registration. Although we do require a significant amount of important information about the management of your organisation you may not need everything if you are a smaller or new group so please send what you have got.
Please send documents by email if possible.
How to register with GAP
Contact us to begin registration
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.Complete registration form
After you've contacted us
We will liaise with you about what you need to supply to register. See the indicative list below.
It takes up to 4 weeks before you are registered.
Once registered you receive:
- a Grant Registration Number to quote when liaising with the council about funding
- a short report highlighting areas of strength and areas of development
- an opportunity to discuss other potential funding options