Non-profit making voluntary and community groups must register with the Grants Access Point (GAP) before they can apply for all Kirklees Council funding schemes.

Registering with GAP

  • GAP registration lasts for 3 years.
  • We review key documents and give you feedback on governance and management arrangements.
  • You must demonstrate that your organisation:
    • is democratically run
    • meets the relevant rules and standards set for your group, for instance charitable status
    • has the strength to manage the level of funding that council grant givers are considering.
  • Grant application forms are shorter as they focus on the project you want to deliver.
  • You don't have to resubmit information you've included in your registration, unless there are any changes.

What you need to supply to register

This is the type of information we need to start your registration. Although we do require a significant amount of important information about the management of your organisation you may not need everything if you are a smaller or new group, so please send what you have got.

Please send documents by email if possible.

Organisation details
  • The official name of your organisation contained within your rules or governing document
  • A signed copy of your governing document (e.g. constitution, rules, memorandum and articles of association, trust deed)
  • The main contact for your organisation and their contact details.
  • Contact details of all the officers of your committee
  • Charitable Registration Number, Company Registration Number, VAT Number if applicable
  • Most recent AGM minutes
Organisation policies
  • Equal Opportunities Policy
  • Health and Safety Policy
  • Child Protection or Safeguarding Policy
  • If you are working with vulnerable adults or children we need information about your DBS process, including when they are due for renewal
  • Volunteering Policy
  • Details of the appropriate insurances you have in place for the organisation and its activities. This includes schedules and certificates
Financial information
  • Copy of your most recent annual accounts
  • Business plan, forward plan or development plan
  • A recent bank statement, and information on how you manage finances in the organisation

How to register with GAP

Contact us to begin registration

Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.

Complete registration form

After you've contacted us

We will liaise with you about what you need to supply to register. See the indicative list below.

Once registered you receive:

  • a Grant Registration Number to quote when liaising with the council about funding
  • a short report highlighting areas of strength and areas of development
  • an opportunity to discuss other potential funding options