Before you apply for all Kirklees Council funding schemes
Non-profit making voluntary and community groups must Register with the Grants Access Point (GAP before they can apply for all Kirklees Council funding schemes.
We review key documents and give you feedback on governance and management arrangements. GAP registration lasts for 3 years.
Grants and schemes available
Members Ward Budget
The Members Local Project Fund is a ward budget that Councillors can allocate to address specific local issues and priorities. Councillors make decisions on how this is spent, based on their local knowledge and engagement with ward residents. Community and voluntary groups who would like to find out more about this funding should contact the Active Citizens and Places Team for further information and advice.
Active Citizens and Places Team
- Batley East, Batley West and Birstall & Birkenshaw wards - Ashley Fothergill
- Email Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal wards - Susan Ginty
- Email Susan.email@example.com
- Dewsbury East, Dewsbury West, Dewsbury South and Mirfield wards - Jackie Ingham
- Email Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashbrow, Crosland Moor & Netherton and Greenhead wards - Claire Howe
- Email Claire.email@example.com
- Almondbury, Dalton and Newsome wards - Cheryl Reid
- Email Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colne Valley, Golcar and Lindley wards - Luc Bride
- Email Luc.Bride@Kirklees.gov.uk
- Denby Dale, Holme Valley North, Holme Valley South and Kirkburton - Julie Mcdowell
- Email Julie.email@example.com
Our grants support community-led Kirklees projects which are about:
- Growing community capacity (volunteering, group partnerships, filling gaps in provision)
- Connecting people in their communities
- Helping people do more for themselves
- Reducing social isolation and loneliness
- Increasing people's self-confidence and self-esteem
- Developing skills which may lead to further training and education
Application submission deadlines
- Next Small Grant deadline (up to £10,000): 9 November
- Next Large Grant deadline (up to £25,000): 13 December
If you need support with your application or would like us to check a draft version and offer advice, please contact us ahead of the deadline.
Please read the Criteria & Guidance to check if you are eligible to apply.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the Criteria and Guidance to check if you are eligible to apply and an application form.
Remember, we're here to help - for more information, speak with your local Community Plus Coordinator, email us at email@example.com or call 01484 225224.
The Community Plus Fund (CPF) is for individuals or Third Sector organisations such as a charity, not-for-profit organisation, voluntary or community group to deliver community-led projects in Kirklees.
It is for activity which will improve the lives of Kirklees' residents of any age by delivering action to avoid, reduce or delay the need for health and social care services.
Applicants must be willing to engage in ongoing collaboration with Community Plus and other partners to achieve the best outcomes for individuals and communities in Kirklees and adhere to the Council's Standard Conditions of Grant.
Before you can apply for over £1,000, you must be registered with the Council's Grant Access Point.
The Kirklees Business, Economy and Growth Service provides specialist mentoring and advice to help your business flourish. Contact the team for advice on grants and funding.