Non-profit making voluntary and community groups must register with the Grants Access Point (GAP) before they can apply for all Kirklees Council funding schemes.
We review key documents and give you feedback on governance and management arrangements. GAP registration lasts for 3 years.
Grants and schemes available
Members Ward Budget
Members Ward Budget
The Members Local Project Fund is a ward budget that Councillors can allocate to address specific local issues and priorities. Councillors make decisions on how this is spent, based on their local knowledge and engagement with ward residents. Community and voluntary groups who would like to find out more about this funding should contact the Active Citizens and Places Team for further information and advice.
Active Citizens and Places Team
- Batley East, Batley West and Birstall & Birkenshaw wards - Ashley Fothergill
- Email Ashley.email@example.com
- Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Liversedge & Gomersal wards - Susan Ginty
- Email Susan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dewsbury East, Dewsbury West, Dewsbury South and Mirfield wards - Jackie Ingham
- Email Jackie.email@example.com
- Ashbrow, Crosland Moor & Netherton and Greenhead wards - Claire Howe
- Email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Almondbury, Dalton, Newsome and Lindley wards
- Email Cheryl.email@example.com
Do Something Now
Do Something Now - helping people to help each other to make a difference.Do Something Now is currently closed to new applications
We will advise on the webpage and on our social media once the Fund re-opens.
"Do Something Now" is a community investment opportunity, for third sector, grassroots groups and individuals to support activities in communities that improve outcomes for people. Awards can be made for up to £200 for individuals, up to £5000 for small community groups and up to £50,000 for larger community organisations.
We would welcome projects that are about:
- Connecting people
- People doing more for themselves
- Growing community capacity (volunteering, cooperation between groups)
- Developing new skills and knowledge which may lead to further training/education opportunities
- Helping to reduce social isolation and loneliness
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
We are keen to support proposals that are innovative and adaptable in their approach to providing lasting change using the strengths of local communities. If you have an idea or would like to know more about "Do Something Now" we would love to talk to you. We don't want you to work alone on this, we are here to help develop ideas, connect partners and progress applications together.
Contact the Community Plus team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact number and someone will be in touch.
By working together developing strong and lasting partnerships we can really support the residents of Kirklees to live a better life.
Use the hub to:
- find out about and apply for grants and funding
- get notifications about contracts and tender opportunities with councils, public bodies and other private companies using the hub
- get free advice from local experts in marketing, finance and legal services
- profile your company and its services and to interact with other Hub members