The West Yorkshire Community Risk Register lists the highest rated risks, which include:
- Health pandemics
- Malicious attacks
- Severe weather
- Utility disruptions
First step to be prepared
If you are evacuated
- Following instructions from the Emergency Services and the Council
- Check if your neighbours need any assistance (without putting yourself in danger)
- Gather family members and pets
- Take prescribed medicines and other essentials with you
- Do not return home unless told it is safe.
Order In Case of Emergency (ICE) cards and other community resilience documents
We have wallet-sized ICE cards, emergency checklists and emergency posters and leaflets available free of charge. Contact Emergency Planning if you would like further information, or if you would like some sending in the post or via email.