Please contact our register offices if you are unable to locate the information you require

Due to the sensitive nature of stillbirth registrations, the procedure for ordering certificates differs from other types of registration.

Order a copy certificate of a recent stillbirth

Registers in current use are held at the local register office.

Only the child's mother or father (if the father's details are included in the entry) can obtain a copy.

Order a copy certificate of an older stillbirth

Certificates from older registers can only be obtained from the General Register Office.

General Register Office

Register offices

In Kirklees there are two register offices, one in Huddersfield and the other in Dewsbury. See Register offices for contact details and directions.

Was this information helpful?