We can issue birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates registered between 1837 to the present day, for events that took place in the Kirklees area only.
- Standard service £11 (5 days but up to 15 days in busy periods)
- Priority service £35 (24hrs)
- Postage £2 for all certificates to be posted out to a UK address by 1st class signed for post
We aim to process certificates in 5 working days, but during busy periods it can be up to 15 days before you will receive the certificate. We suggest if you need the certificate as a matter of urgency then you must use the priority service.
Standard and priority certificates are posted 'Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class', so a signature is required on receipt. Certificates are valuable and contain sensitive data therefore Kirklees only offer a collection or signed for service. Kirklees Registration Service is not liable for any certificates that are delayed or lost in the post.
Royal Mail will notify you if you miss their delivery so that you can arrange collection or re-delivery.
If the certificate is not delivered within 5 working days please check initially with Royal Mail. If necessary we can provide the tracking number to trace your order on the royal mail website.
Kirklees Registration Service is not liable for any orders that are delayed or lost in the post. You will need to apply and pay for a replacement certificate although we advise that you allow up to 15 working days in case the Royal mail return your certificate to us.
How to order a copy certificate
You can order a certificate online, via the phone, or in person at either Register Office. Payment is taken by debit or credit card:
For information about how we store your data please read the Kirklees Registration Service Privacy Notice
Paperclip You must supply:
- the name of the person(s)
- the approximate date of the birth, death or marriage within one year
- the place where the event happened
It is helpful if you supply:
- the name of parent(s) for birth records
- or name of husband/wife for death records
- Phone 01924 324733 - Dewsbury Register Office
- Phone 01484 221030 - Huddersfield Registration Office
After you've ordered the certificate
We will send you it through the post, or have it ready for you to collect if you have paid for that service.