We can issue birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates registered between 1837 to the present day, for events that took place in the Kirklees area only.
Please refer to Royal Mail strike updates for up-to-date information regarding further industrial action.
Unfortunately the delays caused by Royal Mail are beyond our control, items posted before, during or in the days after any strike action will be subject to delay. Royal Mail is suspending the regular delivery guarantees while strike action is occurring.
If you urgently require a certificate, we strongly recommend that you arrange to collect it in person from one of our offices.
- Standard service £11 (5 working days but up to 15 working days in busy periods). This includes 2nd class postage.
- Priority service £35 (24 working hours) and the price includes 1st class postage. We guarantee that priority service orders will be processed and posted out within 24 working hours but we cannot guarantee when the delivery will be made by Royal Mail. If you urgently require a certificate, we strongly recommend you arrange to collect it in person from one of our offices.
Please allow up to 15 working days before you receive your certificate. If you need the certificate as a matter of urgency then you must use the priority service.
Kirklees Registration Service is not liable for any certificates that are delayed or lost in the post.
How to order a copy certificate
You can order a certificate online or via the phone. Payment is taken by debit or credit card:
For information about how we store your data please read the Kirklees Registration Service Privacy Notice
Paperclip You must supply:
- the name of the person(s)
- the approximate date of the birth, death or marriage within one year
- the place where the event happened
It is helpful if you supply:
- the name of parent(s) for birth records
- or name of husband/wife for death records
After you've ordered the certificate
We will send you it through the post, or have it ready for you to collect if you have paid for that service.