We can issue birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates registered between 1837 to the present day, for events that took place in the Kirklees area only.
Please refer to Royal Mail strike updates for up-to-date information regarding further industrial action.
Unfortunately the delays caused by Royal Mail are beyond our control, items posted before, during or in the days after any strike action will be subject to delay. Royal Mail is suspending the regular delivery guarantees while strike action is occurring.
If you urgently require a certificate, we strongly recommend that you arrange to collect it in person from one of our offices.
- Standard service £11 per certificate (processed within 5 working days but can be up to 15 working days during busy periods).
- Priority service £35 per certificate. We guarantee that priority service orders will be processed and posted out within 24 working hours, but we cannot guarantee when the delivery will be made by Royal Mail. If you urgently require a certificate, you may prefer to opt for special delivery or arrange to collect it in person from one of our offices.
Please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Kirklees Council Registration Service accept no liability for loss, damage or failure of delivery and, therefore, no refund or replacements will be provided.
We provide the following delivery options:
- Collection from either Dewsbury Register Office or Huddersfield Register Office - no additional costs are incurred.
- Royal Mail 1st Class post only if the priority service is selected - no additional costs are incurred.
- Royal Mail 2nd Class post for the standard service - no additional costs are incurred.
- Royal Mail Signed for 1st Class post - additional cost of £2.60.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery - additional cost of £6.35. Only available with the priority service.
- Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed - additional cost of £7.40.
You may find it useful to visit the Royal Mail website, for further information on expected delivery times relating to the delivery options above.
How to order a copy certificate
You can order a certificate online or via the phone. Payment is taken by debit or credit card:
For information about how we store your data please read the Kirklees Registration Service Privacy Notice
Paperclip You must supply:
- the name of the person(s)
- the approximate date of the birth, death or marriage within one year
- the place where the event happened
It is helpful if you supply:
- the name of parent(s) for birth records
- or name of husband/wife for death records
After you've ordered the certificate
You will receive an email confirming that the certificate(s) have been dispatched or awaiting collection.