A carer's assessment is the council's way of helping you look at what support you need in your role as a carer. The assessment is a chance for you to discuss how your caring responsibilities affect you. It will look at:
- whether you're willing and able to carry on providing care
- whether your caring responsibilities have any impact on your wellbeing
- whether you need any support and what that support is
- what you'd like to achieve in your day-to-day life. For example, you might want more time to take part in activities you enjoy
How to prepare for an assessment
Some things you may want to think about:
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Is your health affected by caring?
- Can you leave the person you are looking after?
- Are you worried about having to give up work?
- Do you get enough time to yourself?
- Are you worried about other commitments which are being affected by your caring role?
It may be a good idea to make a list, or keep a diary, of everything you do to assist the person you support.
How to contact adult social care services
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
- Contact Gateway to care
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 5pm
- After 5pm - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Kirklees Council, Gateway to care, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL