A carer's assessment is the council's way of working out whether you qualify for support in your role as carer. The assessment is a chance for you to discuss how your caring responsibilities affect you. It will look at:
- whether you're willing and able to carry on providing care
- whether your caring responsibilities have any impact on your wellbeing
- whether you need any support
- what you'd like to achieve in your day-to-day life. For example, you might want more time to; take part in activities you enjoy
- whether you qualify for any help from the council.
How to prepare for an assessment
Some things you may want to think about:
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Is your health affected by caring?
- Can you leave the person you are looking after?
- Are you worried about having to give up work?
- Do you get enough time to yourself?
- Are you worried about other commitments which are being affected by your caring role?
It may be a good idea to make a list, or keep a diary, of everything you do to assist the person you support.
Request a carer's assessment
You can request a carer's assessment by using our Gateway to care referral form.
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form take around 5 minutes.
PaperclipTo complete this form you will need an email address.Contact us online
Other ways to request an assessment
You can request an assessment over the phone
- Phone 01484 414933