How to pay your fees and applying for financial assistance.

How much they cost

The cost depends on:

  1. The care home you choose and how much the care home charges for their services.
  2. Whether you qualify for any financial assistance from the council.

Find out if you qualify for financial assistance

Find out if, or how much you will have to pay towards the cost of your care using Better Off Kirklees

Clock Completing this form takes around 20 minutes

Paperclip To complete this form you will need information about your income, capital and expenses.

Complete online

Phone For assisted support completing this form please call 01484 414933 and quote "Mini Financial Assessment"

After you've completed the form

You will get an early indication of how much you will pay towards the cost of your care.

Third party top up payments

Your family or a friend may wish to pay for more expensive accommodation for you, for example a larger room, or a garden view. Where a family member or friend wishes to pay towards your care, this is called a Third Party Top-Up Payment.

For more information download Third party top up payments leaflet.

Independent financial advice

Kirklees Council strongly advises you to take independent financial advice regarding your long term funding options for your care home fees.

Stay Connected
Sign up to email alerts for staying healthy
Was this information helpful?