Kirklees medication processes and guidance sheets have been developed to promote good practice amongst providers supporting service users with medication.
The medication guidance sheets are not to replace a providers own medication policy or procedures but can be used to complement them.
The administration of medicines is a regulated activity under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (regulated activities) Regulations 2014 and Medicines management.
Please note the guidance documents are password protected, please contact the Domiciliary Care Contracts Team for the password.
Medication guidance documents
- FAQ's - consent
- Consent (template)
- Risk assessments
- Medication Competency Assessments
- Ordering Medications
- Collecting Prescriptions
- Storage and Disposal
- Medication Recording
- MAR (template)
- Secondary Dispensing (informal carer)
- Crushing medication
- Hiding Medication
- Disguising medications in food and drink
- PRN Medication
- None Prescribed Medication
- Leaving Medication out to take later
- Controlled Drugs
- Warfarin Administration Recording
- Cytotoxic drugs
- Eye, Nose and Ear Drops, Ointments, Gels and Sprays
- Liquid Medications
- Creams, Bath Preparations and Ointments
- Use of Oxygen
- Refusal to take medication
- Medication Errors
- Auditing of Medication Administration Records
- Auditing (template)
- Home care medication assessment