If you are looking to dispose of unwanted bulky household items, we offer a collection service from domestic properties within Kirklees.
This service is not available for businesses or commercial properties, if you require a collection please go to Trade waste.
Using a private company
Follow the SCRAP code if you choose to use a private firm to collect your waste:
Donate to charity
The quickest and easiest way to get rid of your unwanted items is to donate them. These are some examples of where you can pass your items on to, or arrange a free collection. You could also contact a local charity shop.
- Forget me not children's hospice
Find your nearest shop to donate clothes and other unwanted items.
- British Heart Foundation
Free collection service for furniture, electrical items, clothes, shoes, books, DVD, CD's accessories and home-ware. Find your nearest shop and ring them or donate online.
- Yorkshire Children's Centre
Yorkshire Children's Centre will collect any furniture in good condition.
Recycle goods rather than them going to landfill, they have groups in Dewsbury, Huddersfield and Bradford.
Network of groups that exchange used goods rather than them going to landfill, they have groups in Dewsbury, Huddersfield and Bradford.
How much it costs
- £5.20 per bag (maximum 15 kilos per bag) for soil and rubble. A maximum of 4 bags can be collected per transaction.
- £5.20 per item up to a maximum of four items per collection
- £20.80 for white goods (such as a fridge, freezer, cooker, etc) maximum of one item per order
- £1 per bag (maximum 15 kilos per bag) or similar sized manageable bundle for Garden waste There is a minimum charge of £5
- Kirklees Passport holders get a 50% discount
- Households receiving assisted bin collections will get two free collections a year, starting on 1 April each year to 31 March the following year.
What we collect
We can collect the following items:
- White goods, eg fridges, freezers, washing machines and cookers
- Furniture, including bed frames and mattresses
- TVs and small electrical items, eg DVD players, toasters and kettles
- Soil and rubble - for example bricks, stones, turf and soil bagged (maximum 15 kilos per bag)
For a full list of what we collect and prices use the Order a bulky household waste collection form.
What we don't collect
We are unable to collect:
Order a bulky household waste collection
Fill in our simple online form to get a quote for your items and arrange your collection.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes
Please note we are unable to provide a refund once we have confirmed your order.
PaperclipTo complete this order you will need to pay with a debit or credit cardOrder a collection
After you've applied
We will collect the items from the designated area.
We will only take away items on the list from your online service request form and that you have paid for. Any extra items put out will not be taken.
- be placed outside ready for collection at the time of the order being placed (collection can be from 07.00am the next working day up to 3 weeks).
- be presented within the boundary of your property in the location you provided on the online service request form (Please note; collection staff will not enter homes, sheds, garden outbuildings or garages).
- be free standing.
- not contain any hazardous materials.
- be safe - for example securely taping up doors and loose wires
- larger items, such as fridges and wardrobes must be emptied and not contain other waste materials or items.
- Reclining sofas - we advise this is broken up (for example back rest and seat seperated from the base). They can't be taken if in one piece due to the heavy weight.
- not include commercial fridges or freezers. We will collect household fridges and freezers only. If you book a collection for a commercial fridge or freezer, your item will not be collected and we will charge an administration fee of £20