- Find out when the tip is open and how long the queue is
- Ask for information on COVID-19
- Find your bin collection dates
- Find what you can put in brown and green bins
- Report a missed bin
- Open the Alexa App (Download it on your phone other device from App Store or Playstore if you haven't already got it)
- Go to the menu and select Skills
- Find the My Kirklees skill and select it to open the detail page
- Enable Skill option or say "Alexa, open MyKirklees"
- The skill will then be available to use
You must have your Kirklees address setup within your Alexa App to get Kirklees information.
- Open the Alexa App
- Go to the menu, and select:
- Device Settings
- Echo Dot (or equivalent dependent on your device)
- Enter your full Kirklees residential address
The Alexa App might suggest an address based on what you enter. If it does please select the suggested address.
Open the MyKirklees skill
Example things you can say
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees how long is the queue at the tip?
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees what times is the tip open?
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees what is the latest COVID-19 information?
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees when my bin will be collected
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees to collect a missed bin
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees what can I put in my brown bin?
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees what can I put in my green bin?
If you experience any problems, please contact us: