Our Alexa Skill is currently unavailable while we make some improvements to the skill. You will soon be able to Ask Alexa the opening times of our household waste sites, registration offices and customer service centres as well as checking what you can dispose of in you green and brown bins. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
The information is taken directly from the council's waste collection system and includes any special collections at Christmas and New Year.
About My Kirklees Skill
The My Kirklees Skill is an official skills provided by Kirklees Council which allows Kirklees residents to find out information about their upcoming bin collections and if not collected, to report a missed bin.
To do this say:
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees when will my bin be collected?
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees which bin I should put out this week?
- Alexa, ask My Kirklees to collect a missed bin
Just ask Alexa.
This is just the beginning, we will be adding more services soon.
How to sign up
You can access this skill on all your Alexa devices just log into your Amazon account
- Open the Alexa App (if you have not already downloaded the app onto your phone/mobile device, it can be found in App Store or Playstore)
- Go to the menu, and select Skills.
- Search for My Kirklees Skill and enable this skill.
You will need to make sure you have your address setup within your Alexa device to obtain local information.
You will need your full residential address setup on your device, For example "1 High Street" as the Street Address, "Huddersfield" as the Town/City and "HD1 1AA" as the Postcode.