School Governing bodies include representatives of different groups, but despite representing different groups, all governors have exactly the same role and voting rights.
- Anyone in Kirklees can apply to be a local authority governor (with a few exceptions)
- Members of the community, or people with the same faith or ethos as the school who have the necessary skills to move the school forward.
- In a voluntary controlled or community school, the governing body will select one or more members of the community to sit on the governing body.
- Foundation (church) schools appoint foundation governors who represent the faith or ethos of the school. To become a community or foundation governor ask at your local school or contact your local Diocese.
- The school elect members of staff to sit on the school's governing body
- To become a parent governor ask at your child's school regarding parent governor elections.
Support, training and guidance is available from your school and the school governor service. All governor appointments are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
Apply to be a school governor
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock You will need an email account.Apply
After you've contacted us
You will receive an automated email with further information related to your request.