Information on services not provided by the Council

The following services are not provided by Kirklees Council however, if you would like information on these please see the links below:

Contact adult social care services

Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.

Step 1. What we will need to know

When we speak to you, we will ask questions about the person who needs support - whether it's you or someone else.

We'll ask the following details for the person needing support:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • address
  • doctor's contact details
  • next of kin contact details
  • accessibility needs, if they have any.

We may also ask:

  • what has changed
  • what a typical day looks like
  • who is around to help, such as friends, family members and neighbours
  • what you are hoping to get from us.

Step 2. Contact Us

You can contact us about yourself or someone can contact us on your behalf (if you have given your consent for them to do so), such as friends, family member or health professional.

Please get in touch by either of the following methods and leave your details:

Send us your details online and we will get back to you

Please note this email address is monitored Monday to Friday only, if your request is urgent over the weekend or Bank Holiday please telephone 01484 414933

  • Contact Gateway to care by phone
  • Phone 01484 414933
  • Opening times
  • Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm Friday 8am-4.45pm
  • After 5pm (4.45 on a Friday) - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
  • Address Kirklees Council, Gateway to care, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL

After you've contacted us

Depending on the information you provide, we'll either:

  • give you information and advice regarding local support and services
  • redirect you to a more appropriate source to deal with your request, if we are not able to help
  • refer you to the appropriate team or arrange an appointment for a practitioner in the team to find out more about your situation
  • We may also make a referral for a needs assessment

Emergency contact

If you need to talk to someone urgently out of normal office hours, you can contact our emergency duty team.

Call our emergency duty team on 01484 414933

They are available

  • Monday to Thursday 5pm to 8am the following morning
  • Friday 4.45pm to 8am Monday, with 24 hour cover at weekends and throughout Bank Holidays

Please note the emergency team will respond to all calls as soon as possible. There may be times when the team may be dealing with several matters or completing an urgent assessment. You will be advised by the telephone staff if this is the case and your call will be returned as soon as possible.

Customer Service Centres Closed

In line with central government's announcement, we have closed our Customer Service Centres until further notice

Customer Satisfaction

Customer satisfaction - Have you spoken to Gateway to Care lately? Please give us some feedback to help improve our service: Complete a two-minute survey.

Other useful contacts

Contact mental health services

If you require more immediate support regarding your mental health please contact Kirklees 24 hour Single Point of Access Team on: Phone 01924 316830 or visit Mental health in a crisis

Feeling stressed or anxious contact Kirklees IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) on: Phone 01484 343700

Contact for Adult and Children's therapies

Locala provide a single point of contact for the majority of adult services and children's therapy services in Kirklees these include:

  • District Nursing
  • Continence Advisory Service
  • Foot health (Podiatry Service)

Benefits, and financial hardship

If you are facing difficulty, have trouble paying rent, need short term housing support and don't know who to turn to, please go to our Help if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness section of the website or if you are a council housing tenant please contact Homes and Neighbourhoods.

For help with benefit's Contact benefits

Making a complaint, compliment or appeal a decision

Was this information helpful?