Contact adult social care services
Gateway to care is the contact for anyone that would like further information or advice on adult social care and support services available in Kirklees.
How to contact adult social care services
Step 1. What we will need to know
When we speak to you, we will ask questions about the person who needs support - whether it's you or someone else.
We'll ask the following details for the person needing support:
- date of birth
- doctor's contact details
- next of kin contact details
- accessibility needs, if they have any.
We may also ask:
- what has changed
- what a typical day looks like
- who is around to help, such as friends, family members and neighbours
- what you are hoping to get from us.
Step 2. Contact us
You can contact us about yourself or someone can contact us on your behalf (if you have given your consent for them to do so). These may be friends, family members or health professionals.Contact Kirklees adult social care services
This email address is monitored Monday to Friday only. If your request is urgent over the weekend or on a Bank Holiday, please phone us.
- Contact Gateway to care by phone
- Phone 01484 414933
- Opening times
- Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm Friday 8am-4.45pm
- After 5pm (4.45 on a Friday) - If your call is Urgent you can still telephone 01484 414933 as all calls are diverted to our Emergency Duty Team
- Address Kirklees Council, Gateway to care, PO Box 1720, Huddersfield, HD1 9EL
After you've contacted us
Depending on the information you provide, we'll either:
- give you information and advice regarding local support and services
- redirect you to a more appropriate source to deal with your request, if we are not able to help
- refer you to the appropriate team or arrange an appointment for a practitioner in the team to find out more about your situation
- We may also make a referral for a needs assessment
If you need to talk to someone urgently out of normal office hours, you can contact our emergency duty team.
Call our emergency duty team on 01484 414933
They are available
- Monday to Thursday 5pm to 8am the following morning
- Friday 4.45pm to 8am Monday, with 24 hour cover at weekends and throughout Bank Holidays
Please note: the emergency team will respond to all calls as soon as possible. There may be times when the team may be dealing with several matters or completing an urgent assessment. You will be advised by the telephone staff if this is the case and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Customer satisfaction - Have you spoken to Gateway to Care lately? Complete a two-minute customer satisfaction survey to help improve our service.
Contact mental health services
If you require more immediate support with your mental health, contact Kirklees 24 hour Single Point of Access Team on: Phone 01924 316830 or visit Mental health support
Feeling stressed or anxious? Contact Kirklees IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) on: Phone 01484 343700
Contact for adult and children's therapies
Locala provide a single point of contact for the majority of adult services and children's therapy services in Kirklees. These include:
- District Nursing
- Continence Advisory Service
- Foot health (Podiatry Service)
Benefits, and financial hardship
Homelessness has advice if you are facing difficulty, have trouble paying rent, need short term housing support and don't know who to turn to.
Contact Homes and Neighbourhoods if you are a council housing tenant.
Contact benefits for help with benefits.